January 2020 Board Meeting
New Berlin Magic board meeting will take place at the Indoor Practice Facility on the first Thursday of every month. All club members are welcome to attend. Please see the club event calendar for time or any changes in schedule, https://newberlinmagic.org/warehouse-schedule/. Notes from the January 2020 meeting can be found below.
- It was decided we will be switching board meetings to the first Thursday of every month starting with the month of February. Next meeting is schedule for Thursday, February 6th, at 6PM. Thank you to everyone who already responded on TeamSnap!
- We will make sure that once the board approves the notes, they will then be published on the website. It will also be noted that anyone is welcome to attend any board meeting. These meetings will be on the TeamSnap calendar (I actually think they already are) that is published on the website as well. Please be sure to update your availability in teamsnap on the Board of Directors team.
- Coaches need to be aware that they should be keeping a tally of the expenses throughout the year so that things can be reconciled with the treasurer. Receipts are not needed, just a spreadsheet with costs and expenses.
- Sponsorships will now be going through our new Fundraising Coordinator, Anna Mattox. The previous sponsors will be visible on the website now and a new email will be provided for sponsors. The board agreed upon the following sponsorship tiers:
- $250 to be on the big banner that is displayed in our warehouse year round and at our three major events which include both the boys and girls tournaments and at the New Berlin 4th of July festival
- $400 to be on the big banner that is displayed in our warehouse year round and at our three major events which include both the boys and girls tournaments and at the New Berlin 4th of July festival. This level also gets you on the website.
- $750 gets you your own banner as a field sponsor. You will also be on the big banner that is displayed in our warehouse year round and at our three major events which include both the boys and girls tournaments and at the New Berlin 4th of July festival. This level also gets you on the website.
- All club communication now will go through TeamSnap and be sent out by Tim Bonin, VP of the club.
- There will be a net/screen put up very soon between the pitching lane and tunnel in the warehouse. Hooks will also be put back up for backpacks.
- 4th of July parking is being run by Kent Barnes. On the 2nd and 3rd the young U16 team will be coordinators. On the 4th the U13 boys will be the coordinators. Going forward, these will be the assignments each year.
- Pitching lane will be available for the girls to use on Mondays and Wednesdays for 1 hour time slots starting at 5PM. We’re trying to figure out a way so that it cannot be double booked through TeamSnap. Eric will email the boys to make sure this happens. Coaches will need to be very aware and stick to the schedule that will be on the website when it comes to reserving the pitching lane.
- A New Berlin Magic sticker will be put on the front door of the warehouse for advertising and visibility for new members.
- Budgets were discussed and we will also be discussing next month as well. Our club budget is within $500 of last year. For any further information on the budget, please contact our treasurer, Wendy Kopischke.
Leave a Comment